You are being called upon during this pandemic as part of the essential industry that we all know plumbing is, and we at PHCC are doing all we can to adjust to these unprecedented times in order to provide the support you need.
As a response to the COVID-19 global pandemic, the TSBPE has temporarily allowed us to shift our in-person classes to online platforms in an effort to flatten the curve and allow the safety of our students and staff to remain our No. 1 priority.
Registration for Online Classes
· Register and prepay for the course on this page (all online courses require prepayment).
- You may also register by calling us at 512-523-8094 or 1-800-992-7422.
- All online courses require prepayment.
- Once registered, we will mail you a copy of the textbook. We will also provide a complimentary digital version of the book in your confirmation email.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Computer, laptop or tablet.
- Functioning microphone, speakers, webcam, and internet access. The webcam must be on and functioning the entire duration of the course or credit will not be transferred to TSBPE.
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat will be required to view the downloaded course materials.
- Zoom App
If you’ve never had to work a video program like Zoom before, don’t stress! You and many other Texas plumbers are figuring Zoom out as they go. To make the transition easier on you, we’ve compiled everything you need to know about downloading and using Zoom.
How to Download Zoom
Zoom is a free platform, which means it can be accessed on any device with an app store. You can download it from the app store on your phone, on your computer, or on a tablet.
On a phone:
- If you have iOS, you can download Zoom from the Apple Store.
- If you have an android, you can download Zoom from Google Play
On a computer:
- You can download Zoom for your computer by visiting Zoom’s online Download Center.
How to use Zoom
Once you’ve downloaded the free Zoom software, it’s time to get started. Launch the app and you’ll see a screen that says “Join a Meeting” or “Sign In.” If you already have log-in information, you can sign in and join a meeting. If you’re new to the app, you will have to create an account. Don’t worry—it’s free!
Once you’re logged into Zoom, you can join a meeting.
Join A Meeting
By clicking this button, you can join a meeting that is already in progress or that you have an invite to.
What should I expect during my online class?
- At least 24 hours prior to your class, you will receive a reminder email containing the class link.
- On the day of your scheduled online course, log in and join the meeting from the link provided in the reminder email approximately 15-30 minutes beforehand to check-in with instructor and prepare for the interactive presentation. Please be prepared to present a photo ID and your plumbing license at the start of check-in. The meeting will automatically be locked and you will be unable to join past the start time.
- You will be asked to interact with the instructor throughout the course and must remain visible in order to obtain course credit. The instructor will provide breaks throughout the class.
- Your completion credit will be electronically reported to the TSBPE within two days.
What if I have technology issues before or during my class?
Please call or text us at (512) 799-6283 if you have any issues before or during your class. We have staff dedicated to ensuring your online class runs as smoothly as possible.