Backflow 40hr Certification Course Austin/Buda
7/16/2020 to 7/19/2020
Thursday, July 16 - Sunday, July 19, 2020
8:00am (check-in at 7:30am)
Map this event »
145 Trademark Dr.
Buda, Texas 78610
Joe Hall Jr.
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
**PLEASE BRING YOUR BACKFLOW TESTING DEVICE IF YOU HAVE ONE**
145 Trademark Dr
Buda, TX 78610
The 40 hr. tester certification course provides the training and information necessary to become licensed to test and maintain backflow prevention assemblies. This course is approved by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) and the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners (TSBPE) with the practical skills portion of the exam provided as part of the course.
The practical skills portion of the exam is given the last day of class with the written exam provided at a TCEQ regional office or computer-based testing facility after course completion (click here for written exam application). Note: for quick exam scheduling this application should be filled out and sent to TCEQ with the license fee of $111 after course attendance. TCEQ license pre-requisites include high school diploma / GED and criminal felony background check.
*NO LONGER ACCEPTING CHECKS AT THE DOOR. CASH OR MONEY ORDER ONLY*
DISCOUNTED BUDA HOTEL RATES: Mention PHCC for SPECIAL PRICING ON ROOM RATES!
Holiday Inn Express & Suites $99 512-295-8040
Hampton Inn Buda. $99 512-295-4900
Fairfield Inn & Suites $91 512-295-1600
Comfort Suites $79 512-295-8600
BACKFLOW PREVENTION ASSEMBLY TESTER LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Education: High School diploma or General Equivalence Diploma
- Work Experience: two years of experience. Work experience must be in an approved area which includes, but not limited to:
- Operating or maintaining a public drinking water system;
- Installing or repairing residential, commercial, or industrial drinking water treatment equipment;
- Installing or repairing lawn irrigation systems;
- Performing activities requiring a master or journeyman plumbing license of at least 2 yrs.;
- Installing or servicing fire suppression sprinkler systems and lines;
- Operating or maintaining a domestic wastewater treatment facility;
- Performing health inspections that requires a registered sanitarian; or
- Performing duties approved by the executive director
ACCEPTABLE WORK EXPERIENCE SUBSTITUTE
Applicants with a High School diploma or GED may substitute up to one year of experience with one year of college credit (32 semester hours) or 20 hours of approved training in addition to the required 40-hour backflow prevention assembly testing training course.
Following guidance by the CDC and Texas Governor Abbott on Phase 2 of Reopening Texas, we are able to resume in-person classes in select locations with limited seating and extensive social distancing practices consistent with state and national guidelines this Saturday, May 30th.
As part of a thoughtful, phased reopening, the safety and health of our members, students, and staff is our number one priority. As always, your safety and the safety of our staff will continue to be at the heart of everything we do. We ask that you are patient with us as we get used to our new normal and new protocols and procedures now required for each and every one of our in-person classes.
- Pre-registration & Pre-payment is now REQUIRED in an attempt to limit the exchange of germs. If you’re not feeling well, please reschedule.
- Protective Wear—All students and course instructors are required to wear face coverings during every course. Students without required PPE will NOT be allowed to sit for the course and will NOT receive course credit. Instructors will also wear disposable gloves.
- Increased Cleanings—Training locations will be frequently cleaned and disinfected throughout the day.
- Wellness Checks—Students will participate in wellness screens as part of the check-in process. Instructors will perform a body temperature reading PRIOR to the student entering the classroom. Any readings of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or more will be documented as a fever and the student will NOT be allowed to sit for the course and will NOT receive course credit.
- Social Distancing—Every other chair is left open to maintain appropriate distancing. Students will also be asked to remain 6ft apart during the check-in process.
We are carefully following the CDC & Texas Governor Greg Abbott’s recommendations and protocols. Up-to-date advice from the CDC & Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas can be found here:
Should there be any changes to the current status from the CDC and local Health Authorities, we will follow this and implement all appropriate instructions and recommendations.
Thank you for your understanding and patience,